We make it strangely simple for businesses to talk to clients, customers and colleagues, wherever they are. This is global communication redefined, free from the tyranny of PSTN lines.
Voxbone is the best-kept secret in cloud communications, but we're ready for our close up! That's where you come in. As we spread the word and bring more customers aboard, we need an IT Engineer to join our Infrastructure team in London, United Kingdom. The IT Engineer provides technical support to the internal staff in its different locations.
You are responsible for IT-related hardware & services procurement, stock management and deliveries but this can also apply for bigger hardware together with other Infrastructure silos. We also count on you to handle the administrative matters of the team (ordering, invoicing, price reviews...). You also manage the internal office network related to the employee's devices (DHCP, shares, LDAP).
Let's break it down...
IT Support to internal staff
- Provide technical support to the organization’s internal users of computers, applications and hardware (Laptops, servers, IP connectivity, mobile devices, internal telephony systems)Install, maintain and upgrade user devices
- Troubleshoot any type of issues reported by internal users and work on their resolution or escalate it to another technical team.
- Communicate progress to relevant persons
- Ensure a high rate of staff satisfaction
Maintains internal network, infrastructure and use base
- Collaborate with network services and software systems vendors in order to restore service and/or to identify problems;
- Install, support, and/or maintain local network (LAN);
- Evaluates and recommend networking product and software upgrades;
Hardware ordering & stock management
- Identify or receive needs from other members of the infrastructure team
- Look for the relevant vendor and place orders
- Make a proposal for validation by manager
- Order material and manage the financial process and stock management
- Follow-up installation & implementation and ensure the maintenance
- Budget definition (OPEX/CAPEX)
- Validation and booking of invoices
- Classification of fixed assets
- Cost control & analysis
- Improvement of service to staff
- Identify recurrent problems and problematic issues
- Analyse the various improvements and propose solutions
- Make proposals internally and provides some help needed during the deployment of the new solution
- Monitor service usage and warns colleagues in case of scalability problems
To bring the win, here's the profile we are looking for...
- Degree in IT or equivalent by experience
- Minimum 2 years of experience in the same type of position
- Hardware architecture understanding and reparation
- Workstation OS: Ubuntu Linux, Windows, Mac OS X
- Linux server administration (DHCP, DNS, iptables,...)
- Scripting skills are an assetMicrosoft Dynamics AX
- Fluent in English
- A resourceful person with a creative mindset
- Able to work in a highly critical situationRigorous (and has an eye for detail)
- Excellent communicatorStrong identification with Voxbone's Strangely Simple Principles
Sound good? We’re offering…
- A fantastic working environment from our bright and modern office in Spitalfields, London
- Competitive salary and perks
- Frequent social events and company goodies
- Free healthy snacks and drinks including fancy coffee for caffeine addicts
- Health insurance
- Pension scheme
- Work laptop and mobile phone including monthly plan
Because We care...
Voxbone is an equal opportunity employer, and we’re proud of our ongoing efforts to bolster diversity & inclusion in our workplace and wherever our employees are based. Any individuals seeking employment at Voxbone are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, ancestry, physical or mental disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Subscribe for more
Sign up for the latest news, updates and insights from Voxbone.