We make it strangely simple for businesses to talk to clients, customers and colleagues, wherever they are. This is global communication redefined, free from the tyranny of PSTN lines.
Voxbone is the best-kept secret in cloud communications, but we're ready for our close up! That's where you come in.
We need a Junior Tax Accountant to join our merry band of misfits in Brussels for 5 to 6 months, starting as soon as possible.
You'll work as part of a highly energized and vibrant team spread across San Francisco, Austin, Los Angeles, London, Iasi, Seoul, Hong Kong and Dublin.
Close your eyes and imagine that…
You have the opportunity to work within a Finance team that partners with all business departments to achieve fast and sustainable growth and to deliver top class communication solutions to the market. The Finance function is organized around 3 pillars: a Shared Services Centre, which performs all accounting entries, Financial Controlling, who guards over data quality and consistency, as well as statutory reporting, and Business Support, converting data into information and knowledge to support management.
Within the Shared Service Center team of the Finance department, the primary mission of the junior tax accountant is to ensure that the administrative, accounting, tax and VAT obligations are fulfilled appropriately in each countries where Voxbone does have a local presence by working closely with local accountants and external tax consultants and with the Voxbone internal tax expert. The role will also be responsible for different accounting tasks within the Shared Service Center.
Let's break it down…
International tax compliance
Fulfil the company’s international administrative, tax and accounting filing obligations in due time by collaborating with our local accountants/auditors/ lawyers:
- For new country, make initial contact and obtain fee quotes from several possible partners by providing a description of our activities along with any back-up data required
- Identify and understand all local reporting requirements and how they can be satisfied and integrated into the current business model
- Prepare and send to local partners all supporting documents for the preparation of the local reporting requirements
- Approve the tax and accounting documents received from local accountants prior to submit to the relevant authorities
- Reconciliation of the local tax and VAT (pre)payments with the accounting
- Prepare and post the monthly provisions of international taxes
- Manage and keep up to date all supporting documents in the system for due diligence
- Preparation and follow-up of the International Taxes budget
- Analyse and validation of the International Taxes costs
- Provisions and accounting booking of all entries related to International taxes Closing tasks related to UK entities
- Perform manual entries in accounting system
Back-up & Projects
- Ensure the back up of Accounting tasks
- Project management
- Give appropriate support to internal and external audit
To bring the win, here's the profile we are looking for...
- Bachelor degree in accounting
- Joining an international start-up has always been a dream for you
- Prior accounting or administrative experience is requested
- First experience with Microsoft Dynamics or an ERP system will be a strong plus
- Pack office with affinity for Excel
- You deliver work of a high standard with a strong eye for details
- Able to structure your work logically and efficiently
- Self-motivated and reliable team player
- Fluent in English – any other European languages is an advantage
- Strong identification with Voxbone’s Strangely Simple Principles
Sound good? We’re offering…
- A fantastic working environment, Avenue de Louise.
- A place where you will be fully supported and encouraged to achieve great things and learn.
- A chance to join a company with huge growth plans and constant change.
- Frequent social events and activities.
- Free healthy snacks and drinks (including fancy coffee).
- Public transport allowance.
- Daily lunch allowance.
- Pension plan.
- Hospitalization insurance.
- Company laptop, phone and mobile plan.
Because We care...
Voxbone is an equal opportunity employer, and we’re proud of our ongoing efforts to bolster diversity & inclusion in our workplace and wherever our employees are based. Any individuals seeking employment at Voxbone are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, ancestry, physical or mental disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Subscribe for more
Sign up for the latest news, updates and insights from Voxbone.