Legal & Regulatory Counsel
We make it strangely simple for businesses to talk to clients, customers and colleagues, wherever they are. This is global communication redefined, free from the tyranny of PSTN lines.
Voxbone is the best-kept secret in cloud communications, helping customers around the world building their business communications with agile, reliable and global cloud voice and messaging services.
With the increasing importance of telecommunications regulations, as well as data protection and privacy laws within Europe and globally, we have decided to expand our Legal and Regulatory team. We are looking for a Legal & Regulatory Counsel with extensive knowledge and experience in privacy and telecommunications sector to join our team in Brussels.
If you are a motivated, self starter, service-oriented team player with excellent attention to detail and strong communication skills, we invite you to keep reading and to get in touch with us!
Let's break it down...
The Legal & Regulatory Counsel is responsible to support the Company’s projects and provide advice on existing and upcoming services that the Company wishes to provide. The role is diverse and challenging, covering multiple legal and regulatory issues related to voice over IP, as well as privacy. You will be part of an internationally focused team spread across Brussels, London and Austin, which means you will gain wide experience across different geographical markets and a good insight into corporate and legal matters.
- Drafting, negotiating and reviewing standard and tailor made contractual agreements relating to Voxbone services, such as interconnect agreements or customer agreements. The scope of the contracts may vary from commercial matters to IP, insurance, corporate and other business activities of Voxbone.
- Provide general legal support in commercial deals.
- Draft or update standard terms and conditions, templates, and other types of agreements and legal documents, according to internal policies.
- Provide specialist and pragmatic legal advice to internal teams on a wide range of matters related to Voxbone activities in different markets and monitor new legislation regarding these matters.
- Good understanding of litigation matters under Belgian law.
- Mission to maintain a culture of privacy at the Company and to ensure compliance with GDPR and data protection laws worldwide.
- Independently review, draft, assess risk and advice on privacy-related agreements for Voxbone’s services.
- Support privacy by design by analyzing the privacy impact of new products and features.
- Drive internal projects to develop guidance for cross-functional teams and revise Company commercial agreements to comply with new data protection laws.
- Follow-up activities of associations to which Voxbone is member, or regulatory administrations and contribute to common positions papers, consultations and undertake other public policy activities.
- As the case may be, takes the lead as regulatory project manager and ensures full implementation of a given project within a specific timeframe.
- Provide support to company’s projects by advising the business departments on various regulatory obligations and oversee the implementation of such requirements.
- Perform any duties and responsibilities as may be assigned, or modified by the Head of Legal & Regulatory Affairs from time to time.
To bring the win you will have...
- Master degree in law - a major in telecommunication law or business law is a strong asset
- Good knowledge of Belgian law is a must
- Minimum 3 to 5 years professional experience in an international law firm or in the legal department of a multinational company
- Good knowledge of international commercial contract law and business law
- Keen interest for legal and regulatory work in the telco sphere and voice over IP sector is a must
- Excellent drafting & negotiations skills, as well as oral and written communication skills.
- Proficient knowledge of English; any other language is an asset
- Ability to build strong relationships with commercial and other cross-functional teams
- Strong work ethic proving reliability and commitment
- Excellent analytical skills
- Problem solver and proactive
Sound good? We’re offering…
- A fantastic working environment, Avenue de Louise
- A place where you will be fully supported and encouraged to achieve great things and learn
- A chance to join a company with huge growth plans and constant change
- Frequent social events and activities
- Free healthy snacks and drinks (including fancy coffee)
- Public transport allowance
- Daily lunch allowance
- Pension plan
- Hospitalization insurance
- Company laptop, phone and mobile plan
Because We care...
Voxbone is an equal opportunity employer, and we’re proud of our ongoing efforts to bolster diversity & inclusion in our workplace and wherever our employees are based. Any individuals seeking employment at Voxbone are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, ancestry, physical or mental disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Subscribe for more
Sign up for the latest news, updates and insights from Voxbone.