In the Bring Your Own Carrier (BYOC) era, more businesses are choosing to ‘unbundle’ their core telephony from their CCaaS, CPaaS or UCaaS solutions and use best-in-breed providers at every layer, for greater visibility and control.
SAN FRANCISCO, Calif. – October 10, 2019 – Communications-as-a-Service leader Voxbone is making its global, compliant voice and messaging network available to any SIP-enabled platform that supports Bring Your Own Carrier (BYOC). As a result, communication providers and their customers, as well as businesses building their own applications, can now benefit from:
- Compliant telephony coverage across 93% of the global economy. In markets where Voxbone is not a Tier-1 provider itself, it only works with operators who are.
- The largest fully localized telephony footprint in the world, providing the means to make and receive local calls in 30+ markets including US, UK, France, Germany and Australia.
- Carrier-grade quality from the cloud: Instead of aggregated coverage from multiple providers, businesses get one consistently high level of quality and compliance across the board, via a single contract.
- Truly global connectivity. By working with Megaport, Voxbone offers customers the means to directly connect to its network from their doorstep via 500+ secure and private points of presence, including direct access from all major cloud environments.
- APIs to automate and standardize time-intensive processes, streamlining administrative tasks such as regulatory submissions, number porting and Emergency Calling setup on a global scale.
As the market for cloud communications matures, businesses are realizing the benefits of working with multiple best-in-breed providers instead of choosing a ‘one-size fits all’ solution. BYOC provides the flexibility to do just that. It lets companies avoid vendor lock-in by using telephony coverage from their preferred SIP trunking providers alongside their existing UCaaS or CPaaS solutions. Doing so can unlock greater operational efficiency and scale the best regional cloud communications platforms to global levels.
“We came to Voxbone to better manage our telephony costs as we scaled to more markets,” said Pierre-Baptiste Béchu, Co-Founder and CTO at CCaaS provider Aircall. “By integrating Voxbone’s voice layer with our existing comms platform, we were able to enter previously unreachable markets and bring our solution to 60+ countries 3-5x quicker than otherwise would have been possible.”
BYOC also allows businesses to rapidly add voice functionality to their core offering, enabling everything from embedded customer support access to anonymized peer-to-peer calling via sharing economy apps. By unbundling their communications stack in this way, businesses can expand their voice and messaging reach beyond what’s offered as standard by their communications platforms, while also ensuring consistent quality of service and compliance in every market they enter.
“When we think cloud, we tend to think global, but very few cloud platforms have truly global coverage. BYOC is fundamentally about removing the geographical limitations of these platforms and giving customers more transparency and control over their communications,” said Matt Brown, VP Product at Voxbone. “We believe that everyone benefits when businesses are able to use their preferred providers at each layer of the communications stack.”
Connecting Voxbone to other platforms is simple because its services are built on open, application-agnostic standards. It has already produced integration guides for using Voxbone with Twilio, Genesys, Plivo, 3CX and Voximplant, with more to follow shortly.
Businesses can achieve instant, compliant scale for their communications with enterprise-ready voice and SMS on elastic SIP trunks and access to local phone numbers.
Our elastic services are fully compliant in every market and give businesses enterprise-grade local presence on demand across 93% of the global economy. It’s why we power the majority of Leaders in Gartner’s Magic Quadrants for UC, UCaaS, CCaaS and Meetings.
We were founded in 2005 and some of our happy customers include Uber, Skype, Zoom, 8×8, Dialpad, NICE inContact, Orange Business Services, Aircall, Telefónica and Serenova. Check out our website at www.voxbone.com or visit us on LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook.