Voxbone, the global Communication-as-a-Service (CaaS) leader, today announces its first annual diversity and inclusion report, “Diversity, Inclusion & Corporate Social Responsibility, 2018.” This report uncovers the internal statistics of Voxbone’s representative workforce and highlights the blossoming diversity Voxbone has achieved without the need for a hiring policy. It also reveals how Voxbone’s forward-thinking workforce is one step ahead of the tech industry.
“Tech companies are unanimous in their calls for a more inclusive workplace and are trying hard to improve diversity for good reason,” said Itay Rosenfeld, CEO of Voxbone. “There’s a clear upside to employing a workforce made up of people with drastically different backgrounds. At Voxbone, we have more than 160 employees encompassing 34 nationalities and continue working to achieve gender equality at all levels. The secret is to look for diversity outside of a single facet such as gender, and think holistically so that you’re including everything – LBGTQ+, religion, background, etc. In addition, organizations shouldn’t just focus on inclusion during the recruitment process. It’s important to find people who genuinely enjoy learning about and experiencing other cultures. After that, all that’s left is to ensure your workplace is comfortable for everyone, which is not always an easy task, but one that can definitely be achieved.”
Key findings from the report include:
- Voxbone’s workforce is made up of 34 different nationalities
- The gender split of Voxbone’s global workforce is 34.9% female and 65.1% male.
- One third (33%) of Voxbone’s managers are female
- 29% of Voxbone’s leadership team is female, compared to just 14% at major Silicon Valley firms
- The quit rate for females in 2018 was just 15%, significantly better than the 41% average for women seen across the high-tech industry
- The average age of Voxbone employees is 33.4 years
- Voxbone has grown its workforce by 21% between March and August 2018
Voxbone believes success is impossible without a diverse, representative and engaged workforce. Diversity is the backbone of innovation, and Voxbone continues to push the agenda for variety by building an inclusive culture. The CaaS leader is pursuing several health and wellness initiatives including yoga/pilates classes, a bike scheme and healthy eating measures. Additionally, Voxbone is a member of ITU, the International Telecommunication Union, a worldwide standardization body for telecommunications that recently announced an initiative to bridge the gender digital divide in Africa.