Toll-free Numbers: Bringing Your Customers Closer
With its Vox800 service, Voxbone provides three types of DID numbers for wholesale customers:
- Toll-free numbers
- Special numbers (geographic numbers, usually from remote areas)
- Shared cost numbers (national numbers)
Why are Vox800 toll-free numbers different?
A call to a toll-free number is free for the caller, as a per-minute fee is charged to the Vox800 customer. This fee varies from country to country, depending on the network type of the originating call. Where possible, Voxbone offers Calling Party Category (CPC) to block calls from specific originating networks (if requested).
How does the Vox800 service work?
- Calls to Vox800 numbers are converted from PSTN to VoIP before being transferred to anywhere in the world over Voxbone’s global IP backbone.
- Calls to toll-free numbers are free for the caller - the Vox800 customer is charged a per-minute fee.
- Shared cost numbers and special numbers have a per-minute fee both for the caller and the called party.